Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Hello Again!

Wow! It's been too long since I've written.

So for the moment, my weight has stayed at a stubborn 305 pounds. I've also lost a lot of muscle mass, due to only being able to hold down mostly crackers, chips, and other empty carbohydrates until recently.

I've started making myself eat at least 60 grams of protein a day, and I'm working out three times a week as well. Since improving my protein intake I've been recovering much better in between workouts. The rest of it, I've decided, will only be fruits and vegetables. Also, cheese, because you can take my cheese when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

I've only done this for a few days, so it'll be a while before I see if this new discipline pays dividends. But weight-loss aside, I just want to be healthier. I like the healthy glow I get when I eat a bunch of fruits and vegetables, I want to make sure I have enough protein in me so my body can recover quickly. Starches are just empty calories when you live in an age of food abundance.

All that said, when I look at the amount of protein that's in foods, I have calorie shock. All the burgers and fast food I was eating were filled with protein (along with empty calories). A double-baconator from Wendy's has over 900 calories in their sandwich and nearly 60 grams of protein, and I used to eat it with a spicy chicken sandwich (21 grams). It made me wonder how many grams of protein I was consuming each day. At least 200. Probably more. And when I look at the calories, I must have been eating well over 4,000 calories a day. Wow. No wonder I was fat!

Next week I do my Cupid's Undie Run, where I'll be doing a charity run around the Fillmore theatre. If you haven't donated yet, click on this link to go to my page. I've been approved for matching funds up to $1,000, but only if I raise at least $500. I'm at $215 so far, so please, donate!

No comments:

Post a Comment