Monday, February 24, 2014

And I Ran, I Ran So Far Away...

So, week one of my 5K training is done. I've stayed committed to my plan of working out six days a week (three run days, three weight training days with one on a run day, and a walk day).

I'm feeling good about keeping my plan. Usually when I tell people how many days a week I workout, what I really mean is "That's what I plan on doing. What I'll really do depends on my mood, spare time, and whether or not I'm tired." But I've stayed on it so far.

It helps to have a goal in mind. Since I'm training for a run, I have more incentive to stay on my plan.

The gym that has been built for months now by my work finally opened, about six weeks past their goal of opening at the first of the year. So now I can work out on my breaks and before or after work. I also learned that doing five laps around my building makes 1.5 miles. Since I'm running 1.5 miles on Wednesdays for the next few weeks, I can avoid a treadmill and, weather permitting, doing a quick run around the building.

In anyone is interested, here's the training plan I'm doing for the 5K (my weight training days are on Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday, and aren't shown in the run plan):

http://www.halhigdon.com/training/50932/home.html

I'll be using his 10K plan after I run my 5K.

As for weight loss, I hit another plateau and haven't budged since I last wrote. It's getting frustrating, losing five pounds at a time and then not moving for a week or more.

I have to go drop my kid off at her grandma's, so I'll be cutting this entry short. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment