Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Did The Run, Now I'm Going To Do More

Hello, again!

On Saturday I did the Cupid's Undie Run. For those who need explaining, it's a charity run that was done in several cities (including Detroit) in which you run in the freezing ass cold in nothing but your underwear.

In any other context, if you ever see me running down the streets of Detroit in my underwear, please call 911. :)

I got out of work early so I could make the run, got to The Fillmore Theater at about 1:30 p.m. and stripped down to nothing but a pair of shorts, my socks, and a pair of shoes. Yes, I have a picture, and no, you can't see it. I'm not in any mood to become a meme!

I was the fattest person at the run by far. There were a few other overweight people there, but not only was I fatter than them, I was also one of only two that had the guts to strip all the way down. I almost didn't and wore the pants from my track suit, but after seeing all the other nearly naked people there, I told myself "Fuck it. Either go all the way or don't do it at all.", and stripped down to my shorts. I was self-conscious as a motherfucker, but I made sure not to show it.

When I finished the run, I found that I had only run about 4-5 minutes. The run was supposed to be a mile. Either I had developed Olympic-style speed overnight, or someone lied about how far we were going to run. Turns out it was only a half-mile.

But it also means that my run-time is down to a little over nine minutes per mile. That is awesome.

I've since decided that I want to do a 5K in a few weeks, and a 10K a couple months after that. So I've signed up for the Martian Marathon event for my 5K, exactly 8 weeks from the Cupid run. Coincidentally, I just so happened to come across a 5K training program that is 8 weeks long. When I get paid on Friday, I'm signing up for the Curwood Festival Run in Owosso.

Along with the running I've been doing (and confirming that, yes, I am getting a lot faster in my run), I'm doing weight training, too. I'm putting it in with my rest days on the 5K program, with my leg day on the day I walk. Thursday is my only real rest day.

My surgeon let me know that there would come a point during my weight loss that I will have crazy energy, as my body will be burning so many calories that I will be bouncing off the walls. I have reached that point. I have a six day a week workout plan and it doesn't seem to be enough. All I want to do is exercise. I ran 1.5 miles today and I was disappointed afterward that my workout was done. I just kept walking around after that.

I've considered doing some extra hardcore exercising, but I've had enough experiences where I've done that and burned myself out and quit entirely because my body was too sore to continue. So I have to suck it up and just walk when I get like this.

A friend from work has said that I inspired her so much that she's willing to do the 5K with me. I doubt she'll actually pull the trigger on that (I've seen plenty of people not follow through on things like this, so you'll have to forgive me for being skeptical of my friend), but if she does it will be awesome to have someone to do this with. I normally do fitness stuff on my own.

I've lost another two pounds since my last entry, bringing my weight down to 297. That's a total of 70 pounds lost. Goddamn, does that feel nice. My new work pants (that I got just last week) are already starting to drop off of my waist. I'm sure my bosses are going to be pissed that they have to keep buying me new work uniforms. But they didn't donate to my run so fuckem. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment