Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Ladies and Gentlemen: It Feels So Good to be (Sorta) Baaaack...

Good news, everyone!


I'm healed! For good this time!

And I was probably healed last week when I decided to do crunches on a decline board. My abs are healed up, but they haven't been worked in four months. They aren't as strong as they used to be.

Matter of fact, nothing in my body is as strong as it used to be. I'm back at square one, just after the surgery when I started hitting the gym and had lost so much muscle mass that I was lifting the same amount when I first took up weight lifting nearly 15 years ago.

My running has not been good, either. In the past when I had to take time off from running, I'd start running on the road again because it's easier to run on the road than it is the treadmill. But it was fifteen degrees out, so that just wasn't happening. I'm pretty sure I'll be using the treadmill until at least late March. The treadmill was not my finest hour. I ran at a very slow 5.5 mph pace and only made it for 2.5 miles before I was done. It'll take some time before I get back to where I was, let alone exceed it. But I've got all winter to get there.

On the weights, I'm using the wimpy machines instead of the free weights until I can get back some muscle. I'll probably switch back to free weights next week.

I'm also taking it easy on my abs. No more working them out four times a week!

But goddamn, it feels good to be working out again!

No comments:

Post a Comment