Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Almost Time (And I'm Ready)!

My half marathon is in five days! Woo-hoo!


And I'm ready for it. A week ago I ran 12 miles and it wasn't shit. Distance running is easy now.

Unfortunately, running for speed isn't. I'm guessing that it will take me 2:35:00 to do 13.1 miles. You can thank my ab injury for that one. If it weren't for the injury I probably would be doing the run about 25 minutes faster. At least that much.

Still, I love running. The five and ten mile runs are my favorite distances.

This week, though, is easy. Just two mile runs until race day. I'll use that to improve my mile time.

I'm also off carbs for now. I know that on Saturday I'm going eat every starchy item within a 5-mile radius to carbo-load for my run, so I've gone full Atkins until then to compensate. A day of carbo-loading should be plenty to replenish my glycogen stores before the run.

My abs are starting to feel better. The other day I cranked out a set of hanging leg raises just to see if I could do it. I did eight of them and my abs were no worse for wear. They're not completely healed up yet, though, and I'm getting real tired of that. But if I can handle some light ab exercises, then I can probably start some light weight lifting next week. I need it, too. My arms have gotten scrawny as hell!

That's it for now. Catch you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment