Saturday, October 18, 2014

11 Hours Away!

I started running last January, deciding "I want to do what skinny people do, and skinny people run." So I signed up for a one-mile charity run.

Then I liked training for that, so I signed up for a 5k. Then a 10k. Then a 10 mile run. Then a half-marathon.

The whole time I've been telling myself "Fat people don't do half-marathons". I need to do this to prove to myself that I'm not fat anymore.

So come hell or high water, I'm finishing this fucking run. I'll do it on broken legs. It's happening.

The only thing I'm worried about is my abs. They're hurting because a few days ago I decided to do some decline situps to see how my abs would hold up. Turns out, not very well.

After tomorrow, I'm not resting, either. I'm already planning on doing a half-triathlon, and maybe a 5i50 triathlon before that. As soon as my abs heal up I'm getting back into MMA.

I'm a fucking beast. And it's all because 10 months ago, a doctor sliced me open and ripped out my guts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment