Saturday, July 26, 2014

A Humbling Moment...

Hello, again, everyone!

Well, this entry is going to be a bit different from how it was supposed to go. Since my last entry I had been kicking ass. I ran my seven miles last week with ease, my five mile run days are no longer even challenging, and I'm lifting more than I have since the surgery.

I was going to brag about how the warrior has returned, that I'm the Prince of All Sayians once again!


Then I ran eight miles today.

I can tell you with all honesty and sincerity that I have never had my ass kicked so hard by a workout. For two hours after, I couldn't even drink water without throwing up. Forget about eating solid food, either.

The run started out good enough, my initial mile was just after ten minutes (which I did with my dog before finishing the rest on my own), but after 6.5 miles I felt like I was doing a forced march to a concentration camp.

I had no doubt that I would finish (The Voice has gotten much quieter as of late), but Jesus Christ, was I wrecked when it was done.

The moral of the story: We all have bad days. Even those of us who have become stronger, better, faster than we were before. :) Just push through and you'll be glad you did. The pain I feel now is nothing compared to the pain I'd feel if I had quit.

That said, I'm going to curl into a ball and cry now, because tomorrow is leg day.

I'm also down to 254 pounds, in case you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment