Monday, May 26, 2014

I Accidentally Ran a 10K

Hello, again!

I went running on Saturday for the first time in a week, as I had just recovered from my "man cold".

The Man Cold

My goal was to run 5.5 miles. The GPS on my phone wasn't working, though, so I was just winging it through my run. When I got home, I went on Map My Run  to see how far I ran.

Turns out I hit 6.2 miles. Nice!

Unfortunately it took me an hour and twenty minutes to do this, which is what happens when you miss a week of running.

So now I'm back on my workout plan, getting prepped for my real 10K, which is a week from  Saturday. After that I'm signing up for the Crim Run in Flint, then I'll be wrapping up my run training with a half-marathon in Detroit in October.

Detroit's Free Press/Talmer Bank Marathon is the most prestigious race Michigan does every year, and it's a Boston qualifier for those that want to go the full 26.2 miles. I'm looking forward to it. Not only is it a big deal for local runners, but my race involves me going over the Ambassador Bridge into Canada and back to the United States through the Windsor Tunnel. I'm scared of both of those spots, so I'll likely be doing a seven minute mile when I have to confront those two areas. :)

I have a phobia of suspension bridges and long tunnels. I will use that to my advantage. :)

I'm also down to 269 pounds. That's 98 pounds, for those who are counting.

As for last week's post, I don't want to be talking about recovering from alcoholism every week. I don't want to turn this into "My Alcoholic Recovery Blog". I want to concentrate on the fitness and weight loss portion of my life here. But I am going to start seeing a therapist soon to deal with my addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment