Tuesday, June 10, 2014

10K Finished! Come at Me, Crim!

Last Saturday I ran my 10K race in Owosso at the Curwood Festival. Here's a pic my wife took:

No participation medal this time? WTF?!

For comparison, here's how I looked when I did the 5K:



My transition lenses make me look like the devil, but at least my gut is smaller. :)

Anyway, because I missed out on running for a week, my run time was absolute shit. 1:12:00 for my run. If I hadn't taken a week off I would have placed in third, as the third place runner in my age group had done the run in exactly 60 minutes. I was on pace to beat that.

I don't normally care about placing in these races, but when you're that close, it hurts not to get the prize.

Oh well. I still ran 6.2 miles, which is something that just two months ago I couldn't do. And I'm going to continue pushing myself to be in better shape than I've ever been as the Crim race is less than eight weeks away. That's a 10 mile race.

I'm using the Higdon Half-Marathon Novice 1 program to prepare for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment