Sunday, August 10, 2014

Kicked Ass, Then Got Sick

I did great on running this week, and on my diet. I got my weight down to 252 pounds by keeping on the paleo diet and by keeping up with my running.

The bad news is that I haven't been able to lift weights all week. What I thought was just fatigue up in Tawas City is worse. Every time I try to lift I feel an intense pain in my lower abdomen. I'll have to go to the doctor this week to get that squared away. I hope it's not a hernia and it's just strained muscle. Either way I hope this gets fixed quickly because my upper body muscles have shown a lot of atrophe.

I can still run, though, and I've been doing great at it. I ran five miles in under 50 minutes for the first time, and completed my 9-mile run on Saturday morning. I'm just one mile away from doing the Crim, which is in two weeks.

I made sure to prepare adequately for my nine-mile run so that I wouldn't nearly pass out like I had two weeks prior when I did eight miles. I drank plenty of water the day before, and ate pizza to carbo-load for the run (BTW-Carbo-loading for a long-distance run is the only acceptable time to eat pizza. Otherwise it's just empty calories).

On Saturday afternoon I started feeling sick. I'm blaming my wife for this one. She got sick a few days ago. We thought it was related to her pregnancy, as her symptoms were extreme fatigue, nausea, and vomiting. But I guess it was a real virus because I have the same thing. I've been sleeping all day and have avoided eating for most of the day. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment